Beiträge von Azuregos

Unfortunately, I was unable to find someone here in my somewhat limited social circle. But it seems that we do have a positive outlook from at least two other members here (Zornhau and kyoshi) so things look quite promising.

I have a counter-proposal that could be interesting for everyone. Instead of mini-campaign and switchable DMs we can simply embrace the old school legacy by running classic modules from B\X era. I'm talking about Ravenloft, Keep on the Borderlands, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants...those kind of classic masterpieces. That would surely be entertaining and not that taxing for the DM to prep. And any OSR product will do, be it Labyrinth Lord, OSRIC or DCC. I done it in the past and it was a blast! Although it does require old-school thinking from players sometimes and a passion for dungeon crawl style of play.
    On the other half, Call of Cthulhu is another good-to-go system with innumerable classic one-shots that rely heavily on roleplay and player's dedication.
    It is sometimes funny to interchange those two beasts and admire the results. :)

So, that is just a thought to discuss. I personally would be glad to participate as a player and as a DM for that kind of games or any other for that matter. Although It would be difficult for me to jump right in as a DM, so I would prefer to start as a player first, if that is ok with you.

Kyoshi, d20 is something a lot of people don' like for it's bulkiness and it is a complete opposite of what old-school D&D/CoC is with it's simplistic rules-light framework. I think you will not be dissapointed.

Oliver, that sounds great! I had a very positive experience with Labyrinth Lord and look forward to old school D&D fun. And CoC is by far the greatest thing ever created in its genre. I am always availible on Mondays after 18.00 and would be thrilled to stop by for whatever time is necessary.
    So, looking forward to more newes from this thread!

Hi there. I am visiting Ulm for the summer semester and being a pen-and-paper RPG fun decided to research any local clubs and hobby stores. And thus I found Cubus.
    Problem is, I am not a native German speaker and have considerable difficulties speaking it. So I wonder whether there are any English-based games that I can participate in?
    My personal RPG portfolio is: D&D 1e/3.5, Call of Cthulhu, BRP, Eclips Phase, 40k: Black Crusade. Have a stable group where I have been DM'ing for almost 2 years now.
    Hope to hear from you!